How Does The Resurfacing Treatment Work?
Our Non-Surgical, Non-invasive resurfacing treatment uses non-laser fractional heat to create minimal tiny wounds (pixel dots) to the skin.
The thermal response from the treatment, kick starts your skin into creating new collagen and elastin, to help resurface your skin’s texture.
With minimal downtime and little to no pain, these treatments result in
- Skin tightening
- Reduction in Lines & Winkles
- Total rejuvenation,
- Brighter, fresher skin
- Reduces pore size and helps reduce scarring.
- Helps even out skin tone, reducing pigment and sun damage.
Resurfacing results are seen in as little as 1-3 treatments and are an alternative to laser resurfacing.
During a treatment:
After a thorough consultation, photos are taken to track your results.
Once ready we will perform the fractional treatment, with the use of heat, you may feel a sunburn like reaction.
Once we have finished the area, we will apply a soothing mask and apply LED after to help speed up your recovery.
Depending on your area of choice, treatment times are between 30-60 minutes.
The feeling of this treatment at most is a sunburn like feeling, but is not classed as painful.
We apply a soothing balm or mask, including LED to help assist in healing and calming.
The amount of treatments varies from person to person, with some people seeing results from one treatment and others needing more than one.
For best results we suggest between 3-6 treatments.
Treatments can be performed every 4-6 weeks .
Results take 4-6 weeks to form, with results continuing to rejuvenate for up to 12 weeks after your treatment.
Treatment results are long lasting in fact up to 2 years.
We suggest maintenance treatments to keep skin looking its best and keeping on top of future ageing, at least one per year.
Maintenance treatments are recommended.
As with all of our cosmetic treatments, results vary from person to person.
We can treat, face, neck, eyes, décolletage and some areas on the body that require skin tightening, stretch marks and hands.
Our Fractionated resurfacing treatment is a low risk, minimal side effect treatment.
After your treatment you may experience redness similar to sunburn for up to 3 days and mild micro crusting that can be covered with makeup. Also you can experience swelling which can be brought down with ice packs if needed.
Slight peeling is normal, with the turn over of old skin cell, fresh new skin will start to come through. This process can happen anywhere from day 1 to 10 days after treatment.
- We suggest avoiding exercise for 3 days after your treatment or until no redness or heat appears in the skin.
- No hot showers, sauna’s and direct sun exposure.
- Avoid picking your skin, allow skin to heal naturally.
- Avoid exfoliants, AHA products, Vitamin A/ retinol and Acids until skin returns. (Generally 3 days)
- Ice pack if needed, treat your skin as you would do a sunburn.
- We recommend a calm balm to apply after your treatment, we have these available to purchase in our clinic.
- Sunscreen is a must during these treatments.
- It’s normal for your skin to feel dryer than normal as it regenerates.
- Pregnancy and Breast feeding.
- Recent sun exposure and tanning in the past 4 weeks
- Fillers and threads, you will need to wait 4 weeks after to have a treatment.
- Anti-Wrinkle injections 2 week wait.
- Skin healing issues
- Blood thinners
- Wounds in area to be treated
- Skin cancer in the area.
- Heart disease
- Light Sensitising medication
- Skin infections
- Recent surgery in the area
- Clients with unrealistic expectations, those wanting similar results to surgery
- Patients with poor self repair or slow healing